A closed-circuit television or CCTV is a TV system whose signals are privately monitored, mainly for surveillance and security needs. CCTV depends on the strategic positioning of cameras, and observation of the content perceived by the cameras from a specific location. Due to the cameras communicating with monitors as well as video recorders along private coaxial cables, fiber optic cables or wireless communication links, they obtain the name ‘closed-circuit’ to illustrate by design that gaining access to them is restricted by design to only those capable of viewing their content.
Older versions of CCTV systems utilized tiny, low-resolution monochrome monitors that lacked interactive capabilities. Advanced CCTV monitors may be in color, high-resolution and have capabilities such as zooming in and out as well as tracking an entity. Talk CCTV enables a controller to talk to others within a given range of the camera’s corresponding speaker.
CCTV is normally utilized for various reasons such as:
- Ensuring perimeter security is upheld in medium- to high-secure locations.
- Keeping an eye on the behavior of imprisoned inmates and patients who may be deemed dangerous within medical facilities.
- Monitoring traffic.
- Keeping an eye on areas that may be harmful to humans and animals such as highly radioactive or toxic industrial surroundings.
- Maintaining security around building and grounds.
- Acquiring a visual record of tasks in scenarios where it is mandatory to uphold correct security or access controls such as during diamond cutting as well as in banks, casinos, and airports.
There are several kinds of CCTV cameras to select from in our present-day market. Each type has its own various features which means they may be used under different conditions for varying purposes. Depending on a person’s need, they should be careful in selecting the kind of CCTV camera. Below are some of the various types.
- Dome CCTV Cameras – Commonly meant for indoor use. The cameras are usually covered in a dome-shaped casing hence their name. The dome-shaped casing makes the CCTV camera discrete yet visible. It does not stand out yet it not exactly hidden.
- Bullet CCTV Cameras – Ideal for applications that need long distance viewing. The cameras possess long, cylindrical shape that looks a lot like a ‘rifle bullet’ hence the name. The design is meant to capture images or videos from a fixed location, directed at a specific location.
- C-Mount CCTV Cameras – Possess detachable lenses to suit various applications.
- Day/Night CCTV Cameras – Possess a notable advantage of functioning in both normal and poorly-light surroundings.
- Infrared/Night Vision CCTV Cameras – Possess the capability to view images in completely dark scenarios by utilizing Infrared LEDs and are suitable for outside circumstances where lighting is poor or non-existence.
- Network/IP CCTV Cameras – Cameras, which may be either or both wired and wireless, send images across the Internet normally by compressing the bandwidth to reduce the throughput.
Wireless CCTV Cameras – These cameras are not all IP-based because some use other ways of wireless transmission.
Why Choose Pegas
A lot is at stake when you are thinking of handing over the IT support your company to a third party and you need to make sure that you only get the best service provider. These will help you in shortlisting and selecting the best IT management service provider for your company. We would love to help your business become more productive and to solve all of your Information technology needs for your company. Give us a call at (207) 835-4053 to get started today.