3CX is a software-based, open standards IP PBX that offer complete Unified Communications, out of the box. 3CX makes installation, management, and maintenance of your PBX so easy that you can effortlessly manage it yourself, whether on an appliance, on your servers or in your cloud account. The 3CX softphone for Windows is a free softphone that you can use to make and receive VoIP phone calls from your PC. The advantage of using the 3CX softphone for Windows is that you can leverage low cost or free VoIP calls. SIP Trunks / VoIP Providers are a convenient way to connect 3CX to the PSTN
FreePBX is a web-based open source GUI (graphical user interface) that controls and manages Asterisk (PBX), an open source communication server. FreePBX is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL), an open source license. FreePBX can be installed manually or as part of the pre-configured FreePBX Distro that includes the system OS, Asterisk, FreePBX GUI and assorted dependencies.
Many companies and organizations often find it difficult to choose between the two services. This is mainly because they are not familiar with the features and benefits that come with them. We have discussed the features and benefits of both services to make the selection easier.
Features and Benefits:
- One of the most attractive features of using 3CX is that it is very affordable and can be installed very easily. Furthermore, the management of 3CX is also very simple and easy.
- Another benefit of using 3CX is that it provides you both options of either integrating it with an on-premise platform or you can use cloud computing for its integration. It works equally good on both platforms.
- 3CX provides you with many features that can greatly increase the level of customer service and customer satisfaction that your company provides.
- By using 3CX you can also greatly reduce the cost and time that is spent on traveling. 3CX allows you to hold video conferencing calls by which you can easily host web conferences and face to face meetings.
- By using 3CX you can view the availability or “presence” of your colleagues. This is not only a great time saver but also avoids the users from sending unnecessary voice notes or call transfers.
- FreePBX is an extremely feature rich PBX that does not only give you a number of different basic features but also provide you with different advanced add-on options such as Zulu UC, high availability and different interactive phone applications.
- Another major feature of FreePBX is that it is the most commonly used business communication and it is estimated that there are over 400 new installations every day.
- FreePBX leverages standard computing servers and Linux OS. It is configured and managed using standard web browsers. It fully supports the ubiquitous SIP protocol.
- Another great feature of FreePBX is that it is available as a free and downloadable software package which can be easily installed on the company’s existing server.
By looking at comparing the features and benefits of both of these services companies can now easily decide which service is better for them. Both 3CX and FreePBX have their own unique set of capabilities which can be configured easily into the system. The companies can make the judgment based on their needs.